Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
- You and your partners will prepare a PowerPoint Presentation.
- Remember, this presentation is BOTH a TEAM and an INDIVIDUAL
Therefore, EACH of you is responsible for the ENTIRE presentation,
not just the part(s) you worked on.
- The presentation, which is 67% of your final
grade, is how we evaluate your understanding of the molecular
biology used in our laboratory investigation and your ability
to communicate your findings in an appropriate and accurate
- We will use the Presentation
Evaluation Form to grade your PowerPoint presentation.
Team effort accounts for 52% of your grade; individual
contributions make up the other 48%.
You and your partners
will receive a TEAM grade for the CONTENT and VISUALS of the
presentation and an INDIVIDUAL grade for your DELIVERY and
- Please read my Honor
Code Policy for BIOS 313.
- You and your partners will give a 30 minute talk.
Each member of the team must participate in the presentation.
- WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE? Prepare your talk as if you
were giving a seminar to the Biochemistry & Cell Biology Department
here at Rice.
- ***PLEASE E-MAIL ME THE POWERPOINT PRACTICE AND FINAL
VERSIONS BY 10 A.M. ON THE DAY YOU PRESENT.***
- You will need to turn in the following materials when you
give your FINAL presentation:
- Photocopy of your slides (make enough copies for the class)
- Final notebook pages
and Intended Use
Created by B. Beason (email@example.com),
Rice University, 29 June 2006
Updated 27 June 2007