BIOS 313 Notebook Checklist
Each major item will be scored from 0 to 5.
page numbers (all)
"continued from/on page #"
absence of blank pages
initial/date/time at end of each entry
table of contents
Purpose / Introduction
overview/goals of study
Notes during experiment
- model system
- experimental treatments
- microarray slides: source, I.D. #
- problems encountered
Preparation and Labeling of cDNA
- Reverse transcription reaction
- 3DNA labeling
- aligning blocks
- flagging features
- identifying genes
Summary and Conclusions
Hybridization of microarray chip
- Any problems with loading or washes?
- How many times did you scan?
- Any problems setting PMT gain on lasers so red to green ratio
- Did you get spots?
- How were the overall intensities across the slide?
- Were there problem areas on the slide (high background, red or green smear, missing spots, etc.)?
- How did you select spots?
- What are your candidate genes for further study?
and Intended Use
Created by B. Beason (email@example.com),
Rice University, 6 June 2002
Updated 18 July 2006